Monday 5 November 2007

Fashion Journalism week 6: Emma Hope

As I catch a glimpse at all the woman who walk past me through Westbourne Grove, I am not at all amazed how prestige, elegant and how rich they all look. With Cartier diamonds locked around their wrists, Hermes bags fastened underneath their arms, and Christian Louboutin shoes christened at their feet, I feel as if I am at a live outdoor runway show. But what I notice more about these woman, are the accessories, and my eyes suddenly drop straight to their feet. The "shoe boot" which is becoming increasingly more popular off and on the runway, is seen everywhere. At Kurt Geiger the shoe boot is designed in patent black, structured with 4" heels and an amazing gold buckling detail at the side, while Jimmy Choo promotes their gorgeous triple buckle shoe boot in there window on Bond street, and lets not forget Christian Louboutin shoe boot with the unforgettable and magnificent red sole. As I walk into Emma Hope- A small shoe boutique on Westbourne Grove, I feel as if I have entered the world of the shoe trend. This small open plan boutique based on two floors delivers a range of Ballet Pumps, Boots, Day Shoes, Evening Shoes, Platforms, Sneakers, Men’s shoes, Bags and Accessories. But my eyes take a sudden glare towards a pair of round ballet sock boots. To make it sound simple, attached these patent black leather ballet shoes are knee high woollen socks; two trends in one. Priced at £319 these shoes are absolutely amazing, they are a perfect practical design for winter. With their fabulous collection of shoes, their boots also draw me to temptation. The chocolate brown knee high boots, with a gold buckle detail priced at £459 is a great winter investment. And with the boots also comes the brown and white landscape buckle bag in pony hair available for £489. Now although the prices seem quite high, the collection of shoes and accessories are amazing with a fantastic finishing detail. And this is a boutique which seems to be well on trend in terms of accessorising.
So why not splash a little?